If we connect three names R. D. Burman, Rahul Dev Burman and Pancham Da then one melody sound generated called music. yes, friends, today is the 77th birth anniversary of the legendary music composer RD Burman. Three names for one person and one identity music. Today is Legendary Music Composer RD Burman’s Birth Anniversary. Today’s music special Pancham Da.
Legendary Music Composer RD Burman
Rahul Dev Burman born 27 June 1939 in Kolkata, India. His maternal grandmother gave nickname Tublu later became known by the nickname of Pancham. His father S. D. Burman also was a music director in Bollywood. When he was nine years old, R. D. Burman composed his first song, Aye meri topi palat ke aa, which his father used in the film Funtoosh (1956). R. D. Burman composed such a great track with Kishore Kumar.
Some great point about RD Burman.
- Born 27 June 1939 (Kolkata, India)
- Received his education in Kolkata.
- Father’s name Sachin Dev Burma (S.D. Burman).
- Mother’s name Meera Deb Burma.
- He started to learn sarod from the famous Ali Akbar Khan.
- The first song Aye Meri Topi Palat Ke Aa and his father used it in the film “Funtoosh” 1956).
- Pancham Da was trained by Ustad Ali Akbar Khan in sarod.
- The first released film as an independent music director was Chhote Nawab (1961)
- The first hit movie as a film music director was Teesri Manzil (1966)
- First wife Rita Patel (divorced in 1971)
- Second wife Asha Bhosle (1980)
- Wins three Filmfare award for best music director 1. Sanam Teri Kasam (1983), 2. Masoom (1984) and 1942: A Love Story (1995 ).
- Died 4 January 1994 (aged 54) Mumbai.
12 Best R D Burman Hit Songs
The last journey R D Burman‘s Funeral